Feasts of the Bible
Author: Rose Publishing
Product code: BT47
This pamphlet shows the feasts and holy days that God commanded the Children of Israel to observe as memorials to the great things that He had done in their lives. These are holidays that Jesus observed all through his life.This glossy full-color pamphlet's easy-to-use fold-out chart provides the name of each holiday, date of observance, explanation of the holiday, and reveals how each holiday points to Jesus as the promised Messiah. Religious holidays include: Passover, Firstfruits, Yom Kippur, and Purim among others. Know more about the Hebrew roots of Christianity.
As a Jew, Jesus celebrated these feasts and holidays each year. The pamphlet offers an excellent way to teach Christians about their Jewish roots and to discover Yeshua, "Jesus," in each "holy day." The pamphlet lists the occasion's Hebrew lettering, pronunciation, symbolism of Jesus, Bible references and New Testament fulfillment for the feasts and holidays below:
- Passover (Pesach)
- Unleavened Bread (Hag HaMatzot)
- Firstfruits (Yom HaBikkurim)
- Feast of Weeks or Pentecost (Shavuot)
- Feast of Trumpets or Rosh HaShanah (New Year)
- Day of Atonement or Yom Kippur
- Tabernacles or Sukkot (Feast of Booths)
- Rejoicing in the Law or Torah (Simchat)
- Feast of Dedication or Hanukkah (Chanukah or Feast of Lights)
- Feast of Lots or Purim
- Passover: A hymn is usually sung at the end of the Passover service, as was the case with Jesus and his disciples during the Last Supper (Matthew 26:30)
- During the Rosh HaShanah synagogue services, the shofar (ram's horn) is blown 100 times
- Hanukkah is also known as the Feast of Lights or the Feast of Dedication because of a legendary miraculous provision of oil for the eternal light in the Temple
- Purim marks the deliverance of the Jews through Jewish Queen Esther
- Leviticus 23 is sometimes called "God's calendar of redeeming grace" because of 44 verses that tell of God's redemptive plan
- God told Moses that seven of the feasts were to be "appointed feasts of the Lord" and were to be proclaimed as sacred assemblies (Leviticus 23: 1, 2)
- Three of the feasts were pilgrimage feasts
This is a fantastic teaching tool for churches and groups who desire to explore their Jewish heritage found in Christ. Believers will also find the observance of the feasts and holidays as a meaningful way to add depth to their devotional studies.
This booklet replaces Feasts & Holidays of the Bible.
About the Author
Rose Publishing is a Christian publisher with a mission to help people grow in their faith by creating products that help people understand the Bible and give Christian solutions to life's problems.
Rose Publishing started with two "Then and Now"® Bible Maps in 1991 and a dream to make Bible teachings and basic Christian beliefs understandable to everyone. They expanded their line to Christian living topics that help people find the joy of growing through the good news of Jesus Christ.
Rose Publishing creates full-color products (award-winning books, wall charts, pamphlets, DVD-based curriculum, and PowerPoints®). They are designed for personal, church, small group, and school use, and are packed with easy-to-understand diagrams, illustrations, maps, photos, charts, and time lines to bring Christian teachings to life.