We supply a number of resources to help you pray for Israel.
Please use one of the links on the left to help you browse through the options.
Watchman's Prayer Letter
A Guide to Intercessory Prayer - December 2014 / Jewish Year 5775
“I will stand upon my watch and set myself on the rampart, and watch to see what He will say to me, and what I will answer.” (Habakkuk 2:1)
Watchmen Holding Our Posts
Intercession as Watchmen today cannot be just “when we feel like it”... (I am also having to overcome busyness)... because Israel is in a dangerous situation right now–more dangerous than before. They are hearing cries of terror and fear and not of peace (Jeremiah 30:5, CJB). Even if this Scripture reference is still yet future, the sounds of terror and symptoms of danger are all around her. God is at work today in Israel and He is returning Ya’acov’s descendants to their tents (Jeremiah 30:18, CJB). The many cities which are still being built are being built on the sites of Bible history. Those of us who live here, hear the sounds of celebration at the Feasts of the Lord throughout the Land during the year and God continues to increase the number of new immigrants continually. The purpose of God’s heart is to plant Israel in her Land where she will never be removed, and to claim this part of the earth for His Coming Kingdom where in the future, “...the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea beds.” (Habakkuk 2:14) Our cry as Watchmen should join the watchmen on Mt. Ephraim and say “Come, let’s go up to Zion, to Adonai our God.” (Jeremiah 31:6)
Terrorism is all over the world but it truly surrounds the tiny nation of Israel. The word in Hebrew for “violence” is Hamas. Since the foundation of the State of Israel terrorism and violence have existed and continue until this day. Prime Minister Netanyahu recently said that Mahmoud Abbas is not a “partner” in the war on terror and instead of calming the situation he inflames it. Israel’s Prime Minister continues to assure everyone that all security measures and forces are in place to protect Israelis and anyone visiting here. Our prayer is that Christians will not stop visiting Israel, because there is a campaign against Israel to try to scare away visitors and pilgrims. Now is the time when we need to come and show solidarity more than ever before and not fall for the ploys of the enemy.
By using terror they are trying to uproot the Jewish people from all parts of the country. From a terrorist’s point of view, Israel does not need to be in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Gush Etzion or anywhere else. They wish to set the land on fire and cause a religious war, but it will not succeed. God says “I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.” (Jeremiah 32:41). These Islamic terrorists, many home-grown from the Gaza Strip, are going totally against the will of the Almighty of Israel (Jeremiah 32:41). The harsh punishment for those who fall into the hands of an angry God is severe, but they are making their own choices. Any choice to try to set Israel on fire will end up igniting the entire Middle East. We need to pray as never before.
Israel is NOT leading Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen) or the terrorists into a religious war... this is a false assumption. Israel has stretched out the hand of peace for years only to have it chopped off by terrorists and extremists who hate deeply, seeking revenge. Their desire is to seize Israel’s capital for their own. This is not new to God. Please read all of Psalm 83.
Security has been stepped up in Judea and Samaria. Israeli patrols are being tightened along the roads in the region. Forces have been redeployed farther south as well. IDF Central Command is taking no chances in case of a sudden escalation of further violence. All Christians must know that the Islamic State (ISIS) has announced that the Sinai Peninsula is now a Caliphate (which is ruled by a supreme religious and political leader known as a Caliph, or a successor to Mohammed). Reports around the Arab world are claiming that the establishment of a Caliphate in the Sinai is the first step toward its “advance on Jerusalem” to show the world that Allah’s rule must be enforced. Obviously, Islamic jihadists, terrorists and extremists are not reading God’s Word, the Bible! For the Lord God of Israel says, “In that day the LORD will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem....” (Zechariah 12:8). “One of you routs a thousand, because the LORD your God fights for you, just as he promised” (Joshua 23:10). Yes, it will be a fearful thing when the enemies of Israel fall into the hands of the Living God! Intercession is needed to carry Israel through on the wings of prayer. As Abbas feeds the flames on the Temple Mount and as Days of Rage have been called for by Fatah fighters and masses of Palestinian people, we need an awakening to shock many into the reality that THE GOD OF ISRAEL LIVES–and He will defend His people!
Let’s Go to the Throne Room Together Around the World Wherever We Are:
- Pray that the revival of slavery through ISIS and the Islamic warriors will die before it gets any further. If, as Christians, we blindly think and hope that the Islamists will come to their senses, then it might just be wishful thinking. We must pray yes, but something must be done. It is reported that Europe has already abandoned its faith and could face the same fate as the Yazidis of Iraq. The Islamic state actually takes pride in commanding their followers to “kill the idolaters wherever you find them.” That means Jews and Christians...Warnings have also come for the “crusaders” of America and Europe. Their cry is “We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses...you will be defeated...for our Lord...”. This is the promise from “another lord” not the LORD of Jews and Christians! Let us be aware of this – our Lord is not the same as Islam’s. “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD” (Deuteronomy 6:4) and “One Lord, one faith, one baptism.” (Ephesians 4:5)
- Intercede that the chains of terrorism, bloodshed and war be snapped and broken so that Israel is no longer captive to chains of darkness hunting her down wherever she is.
- Thank God that He will intervene and that those who follow militant and extreme Islam will no longer enslave Israel or any other nation under their lord’s banner. “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me.” (Exodus 20:2-3)
- Praise God for raising up Yeshua (Jesus) to come and deliver Israel, bring her redemption and save many in the world. “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” (John 14:3)
- Begin to implore the Lord “Come Lord Jesus...come.”
- Pray fervently against fear in the Land among Israelis. Red Alerts and alarms bring a moment of intenseness to even veterans of war. “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” (Isaiah 41:10)
- Thank God the ingathering of the Jewish People will continue even from faraway lands. “Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.” (Jeremiah 31:10)
- Pray for deliverance from sin in Israel in areas of the population where discipline to follow the Lord’s ways is needed, especially in Tel Aviv where the gay population thrives. “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Thank God He has plans for Israel and a good end. “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
Thank you to each one who prays for Christian Friends of Israel in Jerusalem. We all need your prayers to remain faithful and productive in the Land. Also, I ask for personal prayer for myself and my son-in-law (Kevin Howard) from November 27th until December 4th when we travel to Mexico for teaching. Please keep us lifted before the throne for safety, security, Divine health and much fruit to be borne.
Looking Up Until He Comes,
Co-founder, Director, Christian Friends of Israel - Jerusalem
As we approach the end of 2014, again on behalf of Christian Friends of Israel in the UK, thank you for your interest in and support for the work we are engaged in on behalf of Israel and all its people, and for the Jewish community here in the UK. We do appreciate your prayer support throghout this past November.
As 2015 beckons, there are some important matters to bring to your attention, and to ask you to pray into on behalf of the CFI-UK staff team and our network of Area Representatives. Many of our Area Reps are in battles within many areas of their lives. Specifically, we would ask that you pray for the health and well-being of each of our Reps. Do pray for a breakthrough in the spiritual and physical realms.
Turning to the Eastbourne office, please continue to pray for our Trustee, Jenny Forbes, as she has just completed the first course of chemo treatment for her cancer. She is grateful that the potential side effects have not been as bad as expected. Please also remember Jacob Vince and the CFI-UK Trustees as they continue to seek a replacement for Robin Benson as he leaves CFI-UK at the end of 2014. Robin is very grateful to all who have been praying for him during the last few months. There is a new ministry possibility on the horizon, but there is not enough detail to pass on as of this writing. CFI-UK has kindly agreed that if any of you wish to keep in contact with Robin beyond December 31st, then please send him a quick email to his work address (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the end of the year and he will keep you informed and updated from his own private email address.
We thank you for standing with us and with Israel at this time,
CFI-UK Office Team
Start a prayer group
This is a great help to consistent and effective prayer.
Guidelines for Corporate Prayer
(Adapted from teaching given by Lance Lambert and Art Carlson)
- Be brief. In Matthew 6:7 Jesus says that the Gentiles suppose they will be heard for their many words. We haven't changed much!
- Speak clearly and loudly enough to be heard. As Paul said in another context, how can we say "Amen" if we don't know what is said.
- Pray from the heart, don't preach. Avoid sentimentality and unnatural speech. Sometimes you can tell what group people come from by listening to them pray, because they adopt a particular style. Be honest; talk to God the way you talk to your best friend.
- Keep on the theme. Pray through one subject before introducing another. Obviously, that doesn't mean we have to see the mountain moved into the sea before proceeding to the next subject, but we do need to give God time to speak concerning the subject in hand before moving on. When not praying aloud, quietly support the one who is. Don't let your mind wander.
- Don't take "pot-shots" at the devil. Jude v. 8 tells us that even the archangel Michael did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against the devil, but said, "The Lord rebuke you." We do have authority in Jesus to bind the evil forces, but this should only be done corporately as a group under the direction of the leader. One goal of corporate prayer is to reach a place in unity where we can effectively bind the enemy.
- Avoid personal pronouns. When speaking for the group say "We" rather than "I". Of course, if there is doubt about agreement on an issue, that should be settled before praying on behalf of all.
- Good repetition builds the case. Some teaching would indicate that once a thing is prayed for, it is unbelief to mention it again. There is need for balance in this. To keep pleading for something which God has made clear He wants to give us can be unbelief. On the other hand, true intercession is speaking into reality that which is as yet unseen. That usually takes time and repetition. We should not assume that what "worked" on the last prayer project will work on the next. There was a different strategy for different cities as Israel took the land.
- Lay aside preconceived ideas. Die to your own imagination. Ask for fresh guidance from the Holy Spirit for this prayer time. We need to cultivate absolute dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise (Psalm 100:4). Let the high praises of God be in our mouths and a two-edged sword in our hands (Psalm 149:6)
Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem
The writer draws on her experience of writing prayer materials in Jerusalem to provide a unique aid to prayer for Israel and the Middle East. Each of these 40 short devotional studies helps us to understand God's heart for Israel and then pray biblically and intelligently into the current situation.
£4.00 (plus P.P.)
To purchase this book, please click here.
Our Shop has a number of products on the subject of Prayer.
Click here to go there.