Psalms In God´s Presence
Through Songs and Prayers
Author: Rose Publishing
Product code: BT116
Explore one of the most beloved portions of Scripture, discover the varieties of psalms - including those of Thanksgiving, Lament, Wisdom, and Royalty. Learn how to understand these beautiful scriptures by knowing the who, what, when and where about them.
- Includes a great background summary of the Book of Psalms, cultural and historical backgrounds, authors, dates, structures, divisions and purpose
- Covers the 5 major and 5 minor "Types" of Bible Psalms shedding light upon its purpose and meaning
- Explains key characteristics of Hebrew poetry such as terseness, parallelism and how they affect the Psalms' meaning
- Provides practical ways of reading the Book of Psalms - devotionally, theologically, and communally
- Features helpful charts that give tons of facts at a glance on how the Psalms were collected into different books, how they foreshadowed the coming of Jesus Christ, and more
- Understand the fascinating structure of acrostics (repetition of the first word or letter) in many Bible Psalms
- Shares insightful commentary on popular Psalms, such as Psalm 13, 23, and 100 with key historical insights showing how to apply them to our lives today
This Psalms booklet covers the basics everyone should know in order to fully unlock, appreciate, and learn from these heart-filled cries.
About the Author
Rose Publishing is a Christian publisher with a mission to help people grow in their faith by creating products that help people understand the Bible and give Christian solutions to life's problems.
Rose Publishing started with two "Then and Now"® Bible Maps in 1991 and a dream to make Bible teachings and basic Christian beliefs understandable to everyone. They expanded their line to Christian living topics that help people find the joy of growing through the good news of Jesus Christ.
Rose Publishing creates full-color products (award-winning books, wall charts, pamphlets, DVD-based curriculum, and PowerPoints®). They are designed for personal, church, small group, and school use, and are packed with easy-to-understand diagrams, illustrations, maps, photos, charts, and time lines to bring Christian teachings to life.