Loss, Love and Redemption
Author: Rose Publishing
Product code: BT114
The story of Ruth is a tale of love illustrating God's unfailing love, loyalty, and faithfulness to His people. This covers each portion of the book's significance allowing you to gain fresh insights through it's cultural and historical background.
Discover how politics, economics, and geography affected these Biblical people:
- Why did Naomi's husband move to Moab in the first place?
- Why didn't the Israelites get along with the Moabites?
It also explains the significance of the traditions at that time:
- Once Naomi’s husband and sons died she had a social status lower than a slave
- Ruth took home more than 10 times the average salary of harvesters when she worked in Boaz's field
- When Ruth asked Boaz to "spread the corner of [his] garment" over her, she is asking him to make a symbolic gesture for marriage
Find out the Hebrew meaning of key names, words, and phrases:
- Naomi [which means "pleasant"] changes her name to "Mara" [which means bitter]
- Both Boaz and Ruth are praised for showing "Hesed," a type of love that suggests taking loyalty, commitment, and compassion a step beyond what is simply required
Even though Ruth wasn't an Israelite, she was called by God to something much greater than anyone expected: one of only five women listed as an ancestor of Jesus Christ. Her story is a reminder to us all of God's unfailing love, faithfulness and guidance.
About the Author
Rose Publishing is a Christian publisher with a mission to help people grow in their faith by creating products that help people understand the Bible and give Christian solutions to life's problems.
Rose Publishing started with two "Then and Now"® Bible Maps in 1991 and a dream to make Bible teachings and basic Christian beliefs understandable to everyone. They expanded their line to Christian living topics that help people find the joy of growing through the good news of Jesus Christ.
Rose Publishing creates full-color products (award-winning books, wall charts, pamphlets, DVD-based curriculum, and PowerPoints®). They are designed for personal, church, small group, and school use, and are packed with easy-to-understand diagrams, illustrations, maps, photos, charts, and time lines to bring Christian teachings to life.