Walking in the Dust of Rabbi Jesus
How the Jewish Words of Jesus Can Change Your Life
Author: Lois Tverberg
Product code: B449
This follow up to Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus looks at what the implications of Jesus' Jewish context are for how we live as his disciples. By considering his words in light of Jewish thought it can deepen our understanding in following him today.
- How knowing Jewish idioms can help us better grasp what Jesus was saying
- How Jesus’ Middle Eastern culture sheds light on his parables, enlivening them in surprising ways
- How the Jewish world of Jesus can teach us how to pray with chutzpah or think with both hands
- What wisdom we can glean from his Eastern, biblical attitude toward life
- How knowing Jesus within this context can shed light on his teachings for us today
- The meaning within key Hebrew words that make Bible reading richer and deeper.
About the Author
Lois Tverberg is the co-founder of the En-Gedi Resource Centre, an educational ministry with a goal of deepening Christian understanding of the Bible by teaching about its Jewish context. Through the books published she's shared her delight in digging deeper in the Scriptures with readers in over fifty countries and speaks in area churches near her home in Michigan, USA.